始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .<-NARRATOR:->Listen to a conversation between a student and a librarian employee.

旁白:请听一段一位学生和一位图书管理员之间的对话.

第2段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Excuse me. Can you help me with something?

学生:劳驾,能帮我一个忙吗?

第3段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->I'll do my best. What do you need?

雇员:当然可以, 你需要什么?

第4段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Well, I've received a letter in my mailbox saying that I'm supposed to return a book that I checked out back in January.

学生:嗯, 我已经邮箱里面收到一封信,上面说我应该一月份就要把书拿回去还。

2 .Um, It's called "Modern Social Problems".

这本书叫做《现代社会问题》。

3 .But because I'm writing my senior thesis, I'm supposed to be able to keep the book all semester.

但由于我一直在写毕业论文,我本该整个学期都用到这本书的。

第5段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->So you signed up for extended borrowing privileges?

雇员:所以你想办理延期还书对吗?

第6段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Yeah.

学生:是的

第7段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->But we are still asking you to bring the book back?

雇员:但是我们还是让你把书还了是吧?

第8段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Uh-huh.

学生:嗯哈恩

第9段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Well, let me take a look and see what the computer says.

雇员:让我先看看电脑系统上怎么记录的。

2 .The title was "Modern Social Problems"?

书名叫做《现代社会问题》对吗?

第10段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Yeah.

学生:好的。

第11段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->OK. Um...Oh, I see, it's been recalled.

雇员:哦,我知道了,这本书已经收回了。

2 .You can keep it all semester as long as no one else requests it. But, someone else has.

所以只要没人需要借到这本书,你整个学期都可以借着。但是已经有人登记要借了。

3 .It looks like one of the professors in the sociology department requested it.

好像是社会学系的一位教授登记了。

4 .So you have to bring it back, even though you've got extended borrowing privileges.

所以你要把书拿回来还,尽管你办理了延期还书。

5 .You can check out the book again when it's returned in a couple of weeks.

你可以在几个星期后,等他还了后再来借书。

第12段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->But I really need this book right now.

学生:但是我现在真的很需要这本书。

第13段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Do you need all of it or is there a certain section or chapter you're working with?

雇员:你是整本书都需要还是只需要看里面的某个部分或章节呢?

第14段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->I guess there is one particular chapter I've been using lately for a section of my thesis. Why?

学生:我想我最近的论文写作需要参考到里面的某一个章节。为什么这么问呢?

第15段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Well, you can photocopy up to one chapter of the book.

雇员:是这样的,你可以拿那一章节去影印。

2 .Why don't you do that for the chapter you're working on right now?

为什么不现在就拿这本书去影印下你需要的章节呢?

3 .And by the time you need the rest of the book, maybe it will have been returned.

等到你需要参考其他章节的时候也许这本书就已经归还了。

4 .We can even do the photocopy for you because of the circumstances.

根据情况我们可以甚至可以帮你完成影印的工作。

第16段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Oh, well, that would be great.

学生:哦,那太棒了。

第17段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->I see you've got some books there.

雇员:我看你这里有几本书。

2 .Is that the one you were asked to return?

这本书是你要归还的吗?

第18段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->No, I left it in my dorm room.

学生:呃不,我把书放在宿舍了。

2 .These are books I need to check out today.

这些是我今天要借出的书。

3 .Um, is it OK if I bring that one by in a couple of days?

几天后再把那本书拿来行吗?

第19段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Actually, you need to return it today.

雇员:事实上,你今天需要把那本书还了

2 .That is if you want to check out those books today. That's our policy.

才能借出这些书。这是图书馆的规定。

第20段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Oh, I didn't know that.

学生:噢,我都不知道。

第21段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Yeah, not a lot of people realize that.

雇员:是的,不是很多人知道这个规定。

2 .In fact, every semester we get a few students who have their borrowing privileges suspended completely because they haven't returned books.

事实上,每个学期我们都会遇到一些学生的延期还书期限用尽了的,就是因为他们没有把书给还了。

3 .They're allowed to use books only in the library.

他们只能在图书馆看书了。

4 .They're not allowed to check anything out because of unreturned books.

因为他们没有把书还了,所以不能借出任何书本。

第22段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->That's not good. I guess I should head back onto the dorm right now then.

学生:这可不好。我想我现在必须马上回一趟宿舍。

第23段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->But, before you go, what you should do is fill out a form requesting the book back in two weeks.

雇员:但是,在你走之前,你需要填一张表,说明你两周后要再把书借出。

2 .You don't want to waste any time getting it back.

你也不想把时间浪费在重新借书上吧。

第24段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Thanks a lot, now I don't feel quite so bad about having to return the book.

学生:非常感谢。现在我也没那么在意不得不把书还了的事了。