原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to two students discussing the article.
两个学生正在讨论这篇文章,请听他们的对话。
第2段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> You know, I wish they wouldn't do this.
我希望他们不要这么做。
第3段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Why?
为什么?
第4段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Well, I think it's unnecessary.
因为我觉得没有必要啊。
2 .I mean, as far as the first reason goes...
就拿第一个理由来说吧。
3 .yeah, sure, it takes a long time to have everyone receive their diploma individually,
没错,分别给每个学生颁发毕业证书是要花很长时间,
4 .especially now that there are more students.
尤其是现在学生人数比以往多,
5 .But there's an easy way to make it shorter.
但是也有一个简单的办法可以缩短时间啊。
第5段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> What's that?
什么办法?
第6段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Reduce the number of speeches.
减少演讲的数量啊。
2 .I mean, a lot of people give speeches--
毕业典礼上演讲的人太多了,
3 .students, professors, administrators, the president of the university ...
学生、教授、行政人员、校长都要发表讲话。
4 .Do we really need that many speeches?
我们真的需要那么多演讲吗?
第7段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Probably not. And a lot of the speeches are pretty boring anyway. So yeah, we probably could cut out a few.
可能不需要,而且反正这些演讲里很多都很无聊,所以也许可以删掉一些。
第8段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah.And I don't think their second reason's very good, either, about the space.
对,而且我觉得他们的第二个理由也不怎么样,关于空间方面的。
第9段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> How's that?
为什么呢?
第10段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> The problem isn't the size of the hall;
问题不在于礼堂的大小。
2 .it's that they allow students to invite too many people to come and watch.
而是他们允许学生邀请了太多人来参加和观看典礼。
3 .All they need to do is reduce the number of guests each graduating student gets to invite.
他们只需要减少每个毕业生能够邀请的来宾数量就可以了。
第11段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I guess that could solve the problem.
嗯,我想这样应该能解决问题。
第12段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I mean, right now each graduating student can invite up to ten people.
是啊,现在每个毕业生最多可以邀请十个人。
2 .That's too many--
这也太多了。
3 .at most schools, students only get to invite like four or five people.
在大部分学校,学生只能邀请大概四到五个人。
4 .If we just said, "Okay you can only invite six people,"
如果我们说;“好吧,你们只能邀请六个人来参加典礼。”
5 .that'd still be more than most other schools and the ceremony could stay the way it is.
那还是比大部分其他学校的名额要多,而且毕业典礼也能按原来的进行。