始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .This is Scientific American — 60-Second Science.

这里是科学美国人——60秒科学。

2 .I'm Emily Schwing.

我是埃米莉·施温。

第2段

1 .When you look at satellite images it's easy to pick out hurricanes, deserts, and the work of a certain semiaquatic rodent:

你在看卫星图片时,很容易辨别出飓风、沙漠以及某种半水生啮齿动物的杰作:

第3段

1 ."And the reason you can see beaver activity from space is because they leave a mark on the landscape."

“你能从太空看到海狸活动的原因是,它们在地球景观上留下了印记。”

第4段

1 .Ken Tape is an Arctic Ecologist at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.

阿拉斯加费尔班克斯大学的北极生态学家肯·泰普说道。

第5段

1 ."So they make these ponds, and when a pond forms my idea was that we could infer, if it was a certain kind of pond and we could see a beaver dam, then we could infer that beavers had moved into that area, or moved out of that area if it's a beaver pond that's drained."

“海狸建造了这些池塘,当一个池塘形成时,我们可以进行推断,如果那是某种类型的池塘,而且我们还能看到海狸水坝,那我们就可以推断出,海狸迁入了这一区域,如果海狸池塘干涸了,那就说明海狸已经离开了那个区域。”

第6段

1 .Tape and a team of other scientists used Landsat satellite images that cover more than 19,000 square kilometers of Arctic tundra in Alaska.

泰普和一个科学家团队使用了地球资源卫星图片,这些图片拍摄了阿拉斯加北极冻原超过1.9万平方公里的地区。

第7段

1 ."We saw lots of new beaver ponds, I think we saw 56 new beaver ponds formed between 1999 and 2014."

“我们看到了很多新的海狸池塘,我认为有56个新海狸池塘形成于1999年至2004年间。”

第8段

1 .Beavers are considered keystone species, which have an outsized effect on their ecosystem.

海狸被认为是关键种,对所处生态系统有重大影响。

2 ."And I think it's particularly true in the Arctic because it's underlain by all this frozen ground."

“我认为海狸对北极地区的影响尤为重要,因为北极地下全是这种冻土。”

3 .He's talking about permafrost.

泰恩指的是永久冻土。

第9段

1 ."And what happens is when you start flooding permafrost areas, permafrost starts to deteriorate.

“永久冻土区被水淹没后会开始解冻。

2 .And really the glue that's binding the soil together, that's holding the landscape together starts to thaw."

也就是说,粘合土壤、连接地形的胶开始溶解。”

第10段

1 .Tape and colleagues presented their findings December 11th at the annual conference of the American Geophysical Union.

在12月11日举行的美国地球物理学会会议上,泰普和同事展示了他们的研究结果。

2 .He says the implications of beavers' northward expansion are big.

泰普表示,海狸向北扩张有重大影响。

第11段

1 ."Imagine that you just dropped 56 groundwater springs into Arctic stream environments.

“想象一下,在北极河流环境中放入56个潜水泉。

2 .A groundwater spring in the Arctic is a rare thing in the Arctic and it's an oasis of biologic activity for fish spawning and things like that."

潜水泉在北极很罕见,它是鱼类产卵等生物活动的乐土。”

第12段

1 .Beavers may be following the northward expansion of vegetation onto the tundra.

海狸可能是在追随冻原植被向北扩展的脚步。

2 ."But the other possible driver is rebound from heavy trapping a century ago."

“而另一种可能的驱动因素是100年前人们大肆捕捉海狸的反作用。”

第13段

1 .If they contribute to the deterioration of the permafrost, you could call it coming back with a vengeance.

如果海狸使永久冻土解冻,那可以说它们回来复仇了。

第14段

1 .Thanks for listening the Scientific American — 60-Second Science.

谢谢大家收听科学美国人——60秒科学。

2 .I'm Emily Schwing

我是埃米莉·施温。