原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to a conversation between two students.
请听两个学生间的对话
第2段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> By the way, Frank, I heard you got a summer research position with Professor Davis.
顺便说一句,Frank,我听说你得到了一个和Davis教授一起进行暑期研究的职位。
第3段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Uh-huh. But I've got a problem.
啊...是的,但是我遇到了一个麻烦。
第4段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Oh?
哦?
第5段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, well, since I didn't hear from her for so long, I assumed I didn't get the position.
由于我很长时间都没收到她的回信,所以我以为得不到这个职位了。
2 .So I didn't apply for a dorm room for the summer.
也就没有申请暑假住的宿舍。
3 .I'm afraid it's too late for that now.
恐怕现在申请已经太晚了。
第6段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, the deadline for campus housing applications has already passed.
没错,学校住宿的最晚申请日期已经过了。
2 .So what do you gonna do now?
那你现在打算怎么办呢?
第7段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Well, I can stay with my parents.
嗯...我可以住在父母那儿。
2 .They live two hours from here an' so I thought I could drive, uh, commute to campus every day.
从他们那儿到学校开车要两个小时,所以我想我可以开车来学校,每天通勤。
3 .I know my mom and dad would be happy to have me over for a few weeks.
我知道如果我去住几个星期的话,我的父母会很高兴的;
4 .And most of my old friends'll be home for the summer, so in a way it'd be fun.
而且大部分我以前的朋友暑假都会在家,所以,某种程度上来说,会蛮有趣的。
第8段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I understand.
嗯,我理解。
2 .But you'd spend quite a bit of time on the road going back and forth. Won't you get tired?
不过你来回要在路上花很多时间,你不会觉得累吗?
第9段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, that thought did cross my mind.
嗯,我确实也想过这点。
2 .The other thing I could do is rent an apartment off-campus.
所以另一个选择就是我可以在校外租一间公寓。
3 .Besides being much closer to work, I'd also save tons of money on gas.
除了上班近点之外,我还可以省下来很多汽油钱。
第10段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Uh-huh, but then you'd have to pay rent.
没错,不过这样的话你还是要付房租啊。
第11段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> I know. [Audible sigh] There's always something, isn't there.
我知道。永远不会有完美的办法的,对不对?