始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .<-NARRATOR:->Listen to a conversation between a student and an administrator in the university employment office.

旁白:听一段学校雇员室中学生和管理人员间的对话。

第2段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Hi, I hope you can help me. I just transferred from Northeastern State University, near Chicago …

学生:你好,我希望你能帮帮我!我刚刚才从芝加哥附近的东北大学转学过来。

第3段

1 .<-FEMALE ADMINISTRATOR:->Well, welcome to Central University.But Chicago’s such a great city, why did you leave?

行政人员:欢迎来到中央大学。不过芝加哥是个特别棒的城市,你为什么要离开呢?

第4段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Everyone asks that…it’s my hometown, and it was sure convenient to go to a school near by.

学生:每个人都这么问。那儿是我的家乡,而且当然,在附近上学会很方便。

2 .But Northeastern is still fairly small, and it doesn’t have the program I’m interested in… I want to major in international studies and the only program in the state is here.

但是,东北部还是太小了。而且,那个学校还没有我感兴趣的专业,我想把专业定在国际关系研究上,州里面开设有这个项目的大学就在这儿。

第5段

1 .<-FEMALE ADMINISTRATOR:->We do have a great program. How did you get interested in international studies?

行政人员:我们这儿这项目的确不错。嗯,你是怎么对国际关系感兴趣的呢?

第6段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->My family hosted a few foreign-exchange students while I was growing up… then I took part in an international summer program after I graduated from high school.

学生:在我还小时,我家里面接收了一些国际交换生,之后高中毕业,我参加了一个国际暑期项目。

2 .I found I really like meeting people from all over, getting to know them…

我觉得,我特别喜欢和来自各个地方的人交流,了解他们。

第7段

1 .<-FEMALE ADMINISTRATOR:->Oh, OK. And that led you to our program. Right now, though, I assume you’re looking for a job.

行政人员:哦!原来是这样的!这些经历使得你慢慢对我们的项目感兴趣了。刚才,我看到你的时候,觉得你是想找一份工作。

第8段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Yeah, a part-time job on campus… I thought I’d save money, being away from the big city… but it doesn’t seem to be working that way.

学生:是的,一个学校里面的兼职,我想在大城市之外,有必要要存些钱,不过,现在看来事情不像想的那么简单。

2 .Anyway, I’m not having much luck.

不过不管怎样,我的运气似乎不是特别好

第9段

1 .<-FEMALE ADMINISTRATOR:->I’m not surprised. Most of our campus jobs are taken in the first week or two of the semester.

行政人员:这种情况听上去并不令我惊讶。学校里面的兼职大部分在开学的头两周就被抢光了。

2 .What work experience have you had?

你过去都干过些啥?

第10段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Well, I worked in the university library last year.

学生:嗯,我去年在大学的图书馆里面上班。

2 .But I already checked at the library here… they said their remaining positions were for work-study students getting financial aid.

但是,我刚才去图书馆里面看了,他们说剩余的岗位是留给那些接受财务资助、加入“边工作—边学习”项目的学生的。

3 .I’ve never run into that before.

我之前还没有碰到过这样的事情。

第11段

1 .Well, I guess each school has its own policies.

嗯,我想,每个学校政策都有些不同吧!

2 .We really don’t have much right now.

我们现在剩余的职位确实不多。

3 .You might be better off waiting until next semester … if you really want something …

如果你真的想找点事情的话,等到下学期可能会好点儿!

4 .How are your computer skills?

你的电脑技术如何?

第12段

1 .About average, I’d say.

我只能说稍稍好点吧!

2 .I helped teach some of the basic computer classes Northeastern offers for new users, if that helps any.

我帮忙教过一些东北大学给新用户开的电脑基础课,这段经历有用么?

第13段

1 .OK…Uh, the technology support department needs people to work at its helpdesk.

好的!技术支持部门想招一个负责为顾客提供答疑服务的人,

2 .It’s basically a customer-service job… answering questions, helping people solve their computer problems… give you a chance to develop your people skills.

基本上这是一个客服工作;回答顾客的问题,帮助他们解决电脑故障,它也能帮你提高你的交际能力。

第14段

1 .Something every diplomat needs.

这活儿是每个想要练交际力的人都想要的。

2 .But, is there some problem? I mean, why’s the job still open?

但问题是,现在还有空缺的职位吗?

第15段

1 .Well, they have extended hours … from 6 A.M. to 2 A.M. every day, so they need a large staff.

嗯,他们工作时间长,从早上六点到凌晨两点,所以他们要招一大帮人。

2 .But right now they only need people early mornings, late nights, and weekends.

但是到现在,他们只招缺凌晨、深夜和周末上班的人了。

3 .You’d probably end up with a bit of everything rather than a regular spot.

这个活儿的坏处是,可能你每一样事情都会收到影响,不能有规律地生活。

4 .On the bright side, you’d probably be able to get some studying done between calls.

不过好处是你可以在接电话的空子里写作业。

5 .At least it’d be a start and then you can try for better hours next semester.

至少假如你现在接手了这份活儿,下学期你就可以试着挑一个更好的时段。

第16段

1 .Hmm, I see where the hours might be a problem.

嗯,我明白时间安排确实是个问题。

2 .But…I guess I can’t afford to be too picky if I want a job.

但,我想,我要是诚心想找工作的话,我可不能太挑剔。

3 .Still, maybe we can work something out.

我仍然可以想办法解决这个工作可能的不便。