始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and a counselor.

旁白:请听一段学生和顾问之间的对话。

第2段

1 .Hi, I'm Tina Morley.

学生:你好,我是Tina Molly。

第3段

1 .Oh, Tina. Yeah, good to meet you.

雇员:Tina,你好,很高兴见到你!

2 .You told me on the phone that you're looking for a part-time position?

你在电话里告诉我说你在找兼职对吗?

第4段

1 .Yeah. My roommate works at the dining hall and she heard a part-time job might be opening up there for this new semester, so I was hoping...

是的。我的室友在食堂工作,她听说这个新学期可能会有一份兼职工作,所以我希望……

第5段

1 .There was one... but that got filled a couple days ago.

雇员:是有一个,但是几天前就招满了。

2 .Oh no, really?

噢不,真的吗

3 .Thing is... I've gotta do something to pay for expenses.

问题是我需要通过兼职赚点钱。

4 .And, well... I-I'm not afraid of hard work.

嗯,我不怕辛苦。

第6段

1 .I guess not!

雇员:我也认为你不怕辛苦。

2 .Y'see, I always have to check the class schedules of potential applicants... to make sure they're full-time students in good standing.

你看,我需要查看申请兼职的学生的课表,来确定他们是品学兼优的候选人。

3 .And... your schedule this past semester... I mean, everything from computer science to African history to zoology and physics...

而你上学期的课表嘛,我想说的是,你修了巨量的课,有计算机的课、非洲历史的课、动物学的课、物理学的课。

4 .How do you manage with such a heavy class load?

你是怎么做到能修这么多的课程的?

第7段

1 .Pretty well, actually.

学生:实际上,

2 .If I do get a job, of course, I may have to cut back to a more normal schedule, but... y'know, there are so many great subjects to learn about.

我学的很好!当然如果我找到了兼职的话,我可能需要退掉一些课,回归正常课量的课表了,但是,你知道,很多课都很棒,值得一学。

第8段

1 .Ah, a generalist.

雇员:哇,你是个多面手。

第9段

1 .Yeah. It's gonna be hard for me to pick just one thing to specialize in.

学生:是的!让我专修一门课是很困难的。

第10段

1 .Say, that gives me an idea.

雇员:嗯,这启发了我。

2 .Uh, you're pretty comfortable on a computer, right? with learning new software applications?

你计算机很好对吗?擅长学新的软件应用?

第11段

1 .Sure, I'm pretty good at that. Why?

学生:是的!我确实擅长这个。所以?

第12段

1 .Well, last week I got a call from the folks over at the Visualization Project.

雇员:是这样,上周视觉化项目的人给我打了个电话。

2 .They want to add a couple part-timers to their staff.

他们想招几个兼职。

第13段

1 .The Visualization Project?

学生:视觉化项目?

第14段

1 .Yes. They help professors from all different departments turn information into something their students can see.

雇员:是的,他们要帮助各个部门的教授把一些信息转化成学生可以看懂的东西。

2 .You know, instead of just writing on a blackboard, more and more professors want to project information onto a screen.

你知道,除了板书,越来越多的教授想把信息展示在屏幕上。

3 .And... how do I say this... some professors are really good in their own subject areas, but when it comes to computers, well...

我该怎么解释呢?一些教授在自己擅长领域很出色,但是他们的计算机技术就……

第15段

1 .I get the picture.

学生:我了解了。

2 .So they use the Visualization Project to create... what... like, graphs of different sorts?

所以他们想让视觉化项目组做什么呢?不同种类的图表之类的东西?

第16段

1 .Right. Graphs of economic trends, for instance, or population growth.

雇员:举个例子,经济走势图或者人口走势图。

2 .And sometimes dynamic maps- maps that change on screen to show, for instance, how trade ebbed and flowed over the centuries along various routes between China and the Mediterranean.

有时候会需要动态的图,比如说展示中国和地中海地区每条路线的交易量在几个世纪间是怎么下滑的。

第17段

1 .Wow, that'd be interesting.

学生:哇,那很有意思嘛。

第18段

1 .Yeah, and that's just what they do for classroom lectures...

雇员:是的!而且这只是要为课堂讲授做的工作。

2 .A project staffer might also be asked to help professors put together some of their research data and model that visually.

你可能还会被要求帮教授们收集一些研究数据并做成可视化模型。

3 .They claim that putting their research in a map, for example, or a moving image, helps them see connections... new relationships in data on, say, animal migration patterns that they might miss if they're just looking at numbers on a piece of paper...

他们会要求把调查成果做成图,或者是可以展示某些关系的动态图,还有例如他们仅仅看纸上的数据时可能会忽略动物迁徙新规律。

第19段

1 .That's terrific.

好棒啊!

2 .Uh, what about working hours?

那工作时间的要求呢?

第20段

1 .They're pretty flexible.

雇员:时间非常灵活的。

2 .Staffers can go in to work day or night...

你白天晚上都可以来工作。

3 .They just have to make sure it's all done by the time the professor needs it.

只要保证在教授要求的时间点之前做完就行。

4 .So, shall I give you the number to call to get in touch with these people?

所以我要给你电话联系他们吗?

第21段

1 .Oh, would you?

学生:哇,你居然帮我找了一份这么好的兼职。

2 .To think I came in just hoping to get something in the dining hall!

我一开始仅仅是想找个在餐厅打工的活儿而已。