原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to part of a lecture on this topic in a psychology class.
现在请听心理学课上关于这个话题的部分内容。
第2段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> Let's take an everyday example-an ordinary round plat like you'd find in a kitchen.
我们从日常生活中举个例子吧,比如说一个普通的圆盘子,就是你能在厨房找到的那种。
2 .If you hold the plate directly in front of your face and look at it, what shape do you see?
如果你直接把这个盘子放在脸前面并看着它,那么你看到的是什么形状呢?
3 .A perfect circle, right?
一个完美的圆,对吗?
4 .Suppose you tilt the plate to a different angle, to a horizontal position, like you are planning to put food on it.
假设你把盘子倾斜至另一个角度,一个水平位置,就像你打算把食物放上去一样,
5 .Still a perfect circle?
这时你看到的还是一个完美的圆吗?
6 .No, the circle is now stretched out, flattened into an oval.
不是!这个圆现在已经展开变平,成了一个椭圆了。
7 .Do you conclude the plate has actually changed shape, or that it is a different object, not the same plate?
那么,你能说这个盘子实际上已经变形了吗?或者这是另外一个东西,不是同一个盘子了?
8 .Of course not, it looks different, but we perceive it as still being the same.
当然不能!它虽然看起来不一样,但是我们知道这还是同一个盘子。
9 .Here is a different example.
再举一个不同的例子。
10 .This classroom we are in, it is fairly large, right?
我们现在所在的教室很大,对吧?
11 .Now, from up close, from the front row, I appear to be relatively big, bigger than if you were in the last row, right?
对坐在前排的同学来说,我看起来比较大,比坐在最后一排的同学看见的我要大一些,是不是?
12 .But let's say you are sitting in a front row today, but tomorrow you are sitting in the back row.
我们假设今天你坐在前排,但是明天你坐在后排。
13 .From back there I am going to look smaller, but you don't think I've actually gotten smaller.
从后面的位置看起来我比较小,但是你不会觉得我真的变小了。
14 .You don't think you are seeing a different professor, a guy who looks like me except he is smaller.
你不会觉得你看见的是另一个教授,一个长得和我很像只是比我小一些的教授。
15 .No matter where you are, up close or for away, you understand without evening thinking about it that I am the same size, the same person.
无论坐在哪个位置,前面或者最后,你不用想都知道我的身材还是一样,我还是那个我。