原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to a conversation between a professor and a student.
请听教授和学生之间的对话。
2 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> Hi, Sara.
你好,Sara,
3 .Uh, to what do I owe the pleasure of this office visit?
什么风把你吹到我办公室来了?
4 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> It's my study group, Professor Wilson.
Wilson教授,我是为了我们学习小组的事儿来的。
5 .We are not getting much studying done.And, you know, not all of us did very well on your last quiz.
我们还有很多任务没有完成,而且你也知道,上次你的小测验,我们每个人都做得不太好。
6 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> Hmm... What's the problem?
嗯...有什么问题吗?
7 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Well, we've all become good friends and we joke around a lot instead of studying.
我们小组成员都成了好朋友,比起学习,我们互相玩闹的时间更多。
8 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Hmm... [pause, as he thinks] Sara, let me ask you this.
Sara,我问你一个问题,
9 .When do you meet?
你们都什么时候见面?
10 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Every Friday afternoon.
每个星期五下午。
11 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> Have you thought about changing to another day?
你有没有考虑过换个时间?
12 .By the time Friday afternoon rolls around, all of you are probably exhausted, and um, all you want to do is relax and um, unwind.
到了星期五下午,你们所有人恐怕都累坏了,而你们那会儿想做的事情就是放松放松。
13 .It's hard to stay focused at the very end of the week.
想在一周结束的时候保持注意力是很困难的。
14 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Good point!
想法不错,
15 .Although things have gotten so out of hand that I'm not sure changing days would help.
只不过事情已经远远超出了控制,我不确定换个时间就会起作用。
16 .And we'd lose one or two people if we change days.
而且如果换一天学习的话,我们小组就会失去一两个成员了,
17 .Friday afternoon is the only time everyone is available.
星期五下午是唯一大家都有空的时间,
18 .But it's worth considering.
但是你的建议也值得考虑。
19 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> OK.
好吧
20 .But, just a second, another possibility is, does your group have a leader?
不过等一下,还有另一种方法。你们小组有组长吗?
21 .No.
没有
22 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> Well, if you had a leader that would help enormously—
好吧,如果你们有个组长的话事情就会好很多了。
23 .Someone to set an agenda in advance, email it to everyone before the meeting
组长可以提前定好日程,在见面前发给每个成员
24 .and then make sure when you meet that you stay focused on your goals.
然后确保当你遇到问题时你会专注于你的目标
25 .And since you seem to be concerned enough about the problem to have come see me, I think that someone might be you.
既然你对这件事关心到都来找我了,那我觉得你不妨来当这个组长。
26 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> I guess I could take on that role, but it sounds like work.
我想我也许可以担任这个职位,不过它听起来像一份工作一样。
27 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> You don't have to do it for the whole semester, Sara.
Sara,你并不需要一整个学期都这么做。
28 .You can start it off and then perhaps someone else can take over.
你可以先带个头,然后别人也许会接任。