原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
现在请听两位学生讨论这封信。
第2段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Did you see this, Jim?
你看过这个了吗,Jim?
2 .What do you think about her idea?
你觉得她的想法怎么样?
第3段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> I think it'd be great.
我觉得很棒啊。
2 .It'd make things much less expensive.
这样的话就能节省很多钱了。
3 .'Cause our campus is located outside the city,
因为我们学校在郊区,
4 .if you can't get a friend with a car to give you a ride... there's no other way to get to the airport...
如果你没有开车的朋友能送你一程的话,你是没有办法去机场的。
5 .and your only choice is to take a taxi.
这样你就只能打的去机场了。
第4段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> I know. I've had to take a taxi before, and it's pretty expensive.
我知道。我之前就打过的士去机场,太贵了。
第5段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, like thirty or forty dollars, which is a lot, especially for students.
对,差不多要三四十美元,这太贵了,尤其是对学生来说。
第6段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, definitely.
是的,没错。
第7段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> [transitioning] And I think it would work, what she's suggesting...
而且我觉得她的建议是可行的。
2 .I mean, there's less need for buses on campus during that time, to take students between the buildings.
你看,那段时间学校里并不需要那么多公交车来接送学生往返于教学楼之间。
第8段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> You mean because classes are over then?
你是说因为那个时候都已经结课了?
第9段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, exactly... there might be some final exams still going on,
对啊,那会儿可能还有些期末考试,
2 .but regular classes won't be meeting.
但是常规课程都结束了。
3 .There are much fewer students left on campus, and they don't need to get around campus that often.
留在学校的学生会少很多,而他们也不需要那么频繁地在校园里活动。
第10段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I guess they're just making occasional trips to take exams or go to the library or gym or whatever.
是啊,我想他们应该也只是偶尔去考试,或者去图书馆、健身房什么的。
第11段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Right.It shouldn't cause any problem for anyone who still needs to get around campus.
对,所以这样做的话对那些还需要在校园里活动的人来说,也造成不了什么麻烦。