始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .<-NARRATOR:->Listen to a conversation between a student and an art professor

旁白:请听一个学生和一位艺术系教授之间的对话。

第2段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Hi, Dr. Morton? I'm Karen Stern. I met you briefly about a year ago when I was applying to the university.

学生:Morten博士,您好,我是Karen Stern。一年前我申请这所大学的时候仓促地见过您一面。

2 .You were on a panel of professors, and you were talking about the art department.

您当时在一个教授小组中,在介绍艺术系的情况。

第3段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Ahh... and you're now a student here. I guess I said the right thing.

教授:你现在成了这里的一个学生。我猜我当时一定是说对了话。

第4段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Yeah. Right now I'm doing the intro courses in the art department, but I'm really interested in painting.

学生:是的。现在我在上艺术系的一个入门课程,不过我对画画真的很感兴趣。

第5段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Well, I teach several of the painting courses... so I hope to see you in the future.

教授:有几门画画课都是我教,那希望将来能在课上看到你咯。

第6段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Actually I was wondering... you're in charge of student art exhibitions at the university gallery, right?

学生:事实上,我想知道......你负责学校画廊的学生艺术展览,对吗?

第7段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Right.

教授:没错。

第8段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->So, I know all the exhibitors are students, but I was wondering how you choose the works you exhibit every month.

学生:那......我知道所有的参展者都是学生,但是我想知道你是如何选择每个月展出的作品的呢?

2 .Is there, like, a submission process or something?

有个提交程序还是什么的吗?

第9段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->No, there is a submission process—yes.

教授:是有个提交程序。

2 .We have a gallery review committee.

我们有一个画廊的评审委员会。

3 .But we already have our exhibitions planned for the rest of this school year.

但是我们这个学年剩下的所有展览都已经安排好了。

4 .Generally our exhibitors are third- and fourth-year students... well into their course work.

一般来说,我们的参展者都是专业课很优秀的大三和大四的学生。

第10段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->[kind of disappointed] Oh... well... I guess that'll be something to look forward to then.

学生:哦,是这样,我想那一定很值得期待。

2 .Tell me, do you show all kinds of paintings?

请问,你会展出所有类型的画作吗?

3 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Well, actually, we started doing something different with the gallery this year.

教授:实际上,今年我们画廊开始采取一些不同的做法了。

4 .We're featuring a specific technique each month.

我们每个月会有特定的手法。

5 .Next month's exhibition, for instance, will feature drip paintings.

比如说下个月的展览的特色是滴墨画。

第11段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Really? Like Jackson Pollock?

学生:真的吗?就像Jackson Pollock的作品一样?

第12段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Ah, so you're familiar with Pollock's work?

教授:啊,所以你对Pollock的作品很熟悉?

第13段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Well, sort of, though I've only seen photographs of it.

学生:有那么点儿吧,不过我只看过他作品的照片。

2 .I know he dripped paint onto the canvas instead of using a brush.

我知道他会把颜料滴在画布上,而不是使用画笔。

3 .I read he stretched out his canvases on the floor of his studio, and then he climbed up on a ladder to pour paint...ordinary house paint... from a can onto the canvas.

我读到过,他会把画布铺在画室的地板上,然后他会爬上一座梯子去泼颜料,就是一些普通的家用颜料,从罐子里泼到画布上。

第14段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->That's right. That was characteristic of Pollock in the late forties, in what we call his drip period.

教授:没错。那是Pollock在40多岁时候的特色,我们称为他的泼墨时期。

2 .And the object was to produce a constant stream of paint to create continuous lines.

目的在于产生持续流动的颜料来创造出连贯的线条。

3 .Because, as you know, when you use a brush directly on a canvas, you get broken lines.

因为你也知道,当你直接用画笔在画布上作画时会得到断开的线条。

第15段

1 .So, you like Pollock?

所以你喜欢Pollock?

第16段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Yeah, I do. I like abstract works in general.

学生:是的,我喜欢。我喜欢抽象派这整个派系。

2 .There's a class on abstract art, right?

有一门课就是关于抽象艺术的,对吧?

第17段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Actually, I teach that class. And drip painting was one of our themes last year.

教授:事实上那门课就是我教,泼墨画是我们去年的主题之一。

2 .Some students from last year's class have continued experimenting with it.

去年班上的一些学生还继续在尝试。

3 .They've created some incredible pieces...using everything from squeeze bottles to computer-controlled sprayers.

他们用各种东西,从挤压的瓶子到电脑控制的喷墨器,创作出了一些极好的作品。

第18段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Do they look a lot like Pollock's work?

学生:它们看起来很像Pollock的作品吗?

第19段

1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:->Well, our goal wasn't to imitate Jackson Pollock.

教授:我们的目的不是为了模仿Jackson Pollock。

2 .The object was to get students to look at different ways of applying paint to a canvas.

目的是让学生看一看把颜料涂到画布上的不同方法。

3 .But you don't have to enroll in a specific course to be invited to exhibit your work....

但是你想被邀请展出你的作品的话也不用特地选一门课。

4 .It just has to fit the theme for one of our exhibitions.

只要符合我们展览的主题就可以了。