原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to two students discussing the article.
请听下面两位学生讨论这篇文章。
第2段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Oh, no. Did you see this?
不是吧。你看过这篇文章了吗?
第3段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah. Why? You don't like the idea?
看过了啊,怎么了?你不喜欢这个想法吗?
第4段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Not at all.
一点儿也不喜欢!
第5段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> How come?
为什么?
第6段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Well, the cost, for one thing.
首先就是费用问题,
2 .They're just not being realistic.
他们一点儿也不现实。
第7段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Even compared to the price of textbooks?
即使和教材的价钱相比还是很贵吗?
第8段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Well, sure, textbooks aren't cheap
当然了,虽然教材也不便宜,
2 .but...do you think people are only gonna use one device the whole time they're at university?
但是你觉得大家在学校期间只会需要一台设备吗?
3 .What happens if yours breaks?
如果设备坏了怎么办?
4 .You have to buy a new one...
那你就不得不再买台新的了。
5 .or they come out with some fancy new features...
或者,又出新款了呢?
6 .wouldn't you want to get a new one then?
你不会想换台新的吗?
第9段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I see what you mean.
嗯,我知道你的意思。
2 .A lot of people would probably want to replace theirs with the latest version.
很多人可能会想换新款。
第10段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Right. Maybe even every year...and that can add up.
没错!也许他们甚至一年换一次新款,这些花费加起来数字可不小啊。
第11段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> True. But, don't you agree it'll make studying and preparing for classes a lot easier?
确实。但是你不觉得有了这些设备,学习和课堂准备都会简单得多吗?
第12段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> I don't think everybody's gonna think it's so great.
我觉得不是每个人都会认为它很棒的。
第13段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> What do you mean?
怎么说呢?
第14段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Well, it's only helpful if it's easy to use and well, this thing is pretty small.
嗯...这个设备只有在使用方法简单的情况下才有帮助吧。你看,它其实挺小的,
2 .It's only about 18 or 20 centimeters tall.
长度只有18或者20厘米左右。
第15段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Oh really. So that means the screen's pretty small.
真的吗?那这样屏幕就很小了。
第16段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Right...and I heard that the keypad...or control buttons, they're small too.
没错,而且我听说键盘和按键也都很小。
2 .So if you have normal-sized fingers, it's not so easy to select an item or get it to function right...
如果手指大小正常的话,要选对图标或者正确操作可不容易,
3 .you know, to do stuff like highlighting or underlining.
你知道的,比如标重点或者画线什么的。
第17段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> I hadn't thought of that.
我还没想到这点呢。
第18段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> So what good are all those fancy features if it's hard to use them.
所以说如果操作这么困难的话,要那些花里胡哨的功能有什么用?
2 .Besides, I like the old-fashioned way of studying the material¡ªwriting notes on the page and underlining or highlighting important sections of the book¡ª
而且,我更喜欢传统的学习方式:在书上做笔记,把书里重要的部分标出来或者画线。
3 .I'm more comfortable with that.
我觉得这样更舒服。