原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Listen to a conversation between two English professors.
请听下面两位英语教授之间的对话。
第2段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> Hi, Nancy. Is something the matter?
你好,Nancy,出什么事儿了吗?
第3段
1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:-> Oh... I just realized I've got a scheduling conflict tomorrow.
哦,我突然发现明天我的日程有时间冲突。
第4段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> What is it?
什么冲突?
第5段
1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:-> Well, the poetry class I'm teaching meets at four o'clock. My students have a test next week, so tomorrow's class is the review session. It's important.
嗯...我教的诗歌课明天四点钟有课。我的学生下周有一次测验,所以明天的课是个复习讲习会,非常重要。
第6段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> OK...
还有呢?
第7段
1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:-> The other thing is my cousin's retirement party.
还有一件事就是我亲戚的退休派对。
2 .But I just realized it also starts at four o'clock!
但是我才发现这个派对正好也是四点钟开始。
3 .I hadn't realized it was starting at the exact same time as my class.
之前我一直没发现它和我的课开始的时间完全一样。
第8段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> Oh, no. Well, I'm free tomorrow at four.
不是吧!嗯...明天四点我正好没事儿,
2 .If you want, I could cover your class for you.
如果你愿意的话,我可以帮你代课,
3 .Lead the review session.
带着学生们复习。
第9段
1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:-> Really? What a generous offer.
真的吗?你太好了!
第10段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> I wouldn't mind...
没事儿。
2 .I mean, I haven't taught poetry in a few years... I'm a little rusty.
不过我已经好几年没教过诗歌了,有点生疏。
第11段
1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:-> Well, I have some materials prepared, and you could certainly use them.
嗯...我有准备一些资料,你完全可以用的。
2 .So, it might be tough, but you could do it...
这样虽然有些困难,但是我相信你没问题的。
第12段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> I'd try, anyway.
不管怎样我试试吧。
第13段
1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:-> Well, my other option is to go to the class, do the review session myself, and arrive late to the retirement party.
嗯...其实我也可以选择去上课。自己带学生们复习,然后晚一点再去退休派对。
第14段
1 .<-MALE PROFESSOR:-> So, you could prepare your students for the test yourself.
这样你就可以自己带着学生们准备考试了。
第15段
1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:-> I could. And I know it'd be good for my students.
是啊,而且我知道对我的学生来说这样最好。
2 .It's just that I'd miss a lot of the party.
只是我会错过派对上的很多事情。
3 .My cousin and some others are giving speeches... and I think they'll be really interesting.
我的亲戚和其他人会发表一些感言,我想一定会很有意思的。
4 .It'd be a shame to miss it.
要是错过了就太遗憾了。