原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
两个学生正在讨论这封信,请听他们的对话。
第2段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Hey, Ted...you're a runner.
Ted,你是个跑步运动员。
2 .Did you see this letter in the paper?
你看过报纸上的这封信了吗?
第3段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I did...and I use those...
看过了。而且我也用这些。
第4段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> And?
怎么样?
第5段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> I think it's a terrible idea.
我觉得这个主意糟透了。
第6段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> How come?
怎么会呢?
第7段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Well, she really hasn't thought it through...
她实在是没有从头到尾好好想过。
2 .like, the thing about making them safer-
就拿把它们变得更安全这件事来说吧。
3 .what she's not thinking about is the long-term consequences of running on a hard surface.
她没有仔细想过在坚硬的地面跑步的长期后果。
第8段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> What do you mean?
什么意思?
第9段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> I mean, it's not good for you...it's too hard on your bones and joints.
我的意思是这样对身体不好。太损伤骨头和关节了。
2 .If you run repeatedly on a hard surface,
如果经常在坚硬的地面上跑步的话,
3 .it can lead to injuries...or, that's what I've been taught, anyway...
可能会受伤的,反正我们老师是这么教的,
4 .it's better to run on a soft surface.
在柔软的地面上跑步比较好。
5 .It does less damage to your body.
对身体的伤害要小一些。
第10段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Oh...I wasn't aware of that.
哦,原来是这样。
第11段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, so actually it wouldn't be safer.
对,所以事实上按照她的建议反而不会变得更安全。
2 .And her second point...
还有她的第二个观点......
第12段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> About changing the way they look?
关于改变它们的外观?
第13段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Yeah, I don't think people will like it.
是的,我觉得大家不会喜欢那个样子的。
第14段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> So they'd use them less?
这样的话他们就不会经常使用这些了?
第15段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I mean one of the main reasons people enjoy them now is it's a way of taking a break from the rest of campus...
没错。大家现在喜欢它们的一个主要原因就是,这里让他们有种离开了学校其他地方
2 .from buildings and streets and stuff...
比如教学楼和街道的感觉。
3 .it's, you know, a chance to feel like you're out in nature.
这是一个让你感觉自己身在大自然中的机会。
第16段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Oh...so you wouldn't get that effect anymore.
哦,所以按照她的想法来的话,就再也没有那种效果了。
第17段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Right...it'd just be like you were on a regular street or sidewalk.
对!如果那样的话,跟在寻常街道上没什么两样。
2 .It wouldn't be as relaxing.
就没那么放松了。