始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .<-NARRATOR:->Listen to a conversation between a student and a Professor.

旁白:听一段学生和教授之间的对话。

第2段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Hi Professor Atkins, you wanted to see me?

学生:嗨,教授,你要见我?

第3段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->Hi Bill, thanks for coming.

教授:你好Bill,谢谢你来见我。

2 .I want to talk to you about...

我想要跟你谈谈

第4段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->[interrupting]... Is there... is there something wrong with my research paper?

学生:我的调查论文有问题吗?

第5段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->No, not at all. In fact, it’s very good. That’s why I wanted to talk to you.

教授:不,一点也不。事实上它写的很好。这是为什么我想要跟你谈谈。

第6段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Oh, thanks.

学生:哦,谢谢。

第7段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->I think you know the department is looking to hire a new professor.

教授:我想你知道我们部门在招聘一个新教授。

2 .Are you familiar with our hiring process?

你了解招聘的流程吗?

第8段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->[confused] No... but... what’s that gotta do with me?

学生:不太了解。但这跟我有什么关系呢?

第9段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->Well, Bill, we have several qualified applicants we are serious about.

教授:嗯,Bill,我们已经有了几个有资格的应聘者。

2 .And as part of the interview process, we have them meet with a committee of professors and students in our department.

作为面试过程的一部分,我们让他们与我们系的教授和学生组成的委员会会面。

3 .They also have to give a talk.

他们需要(给委员会)做一个演讲。

第10段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->You mean, like a lecture?

学生:你的意思是来讲一节课?

第11段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->Yes. Like a sample lecture on one of their academic interests.

教授:对,像是一个人在他学术领域里的一次试讲。

第12段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Oh,... so you can see their teaching style?

学生:所以你能看到他的讲课风格?

第13段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->Exactly.

教授:没错。

第14段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Uh-huh... Make sense.

学生:嗯,这很合理。

第15段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->So I'd like to know if you'd be willing to join us as a student representative on the interview committee.

教授:所以我想知道你是否更愿意作为学生代表来参加这个面试委员会。

2 .It'd be a good experience for you. You could put it on your resume.

这对你来说会是个很好的经历,你可以把它写进你的简历里。

第16段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Oh... that'd look good for my grad school application, I guess.

学生:哦⋯⋯这样有利于我的研究生申请,我想。

2 .So, what do I have to do?

那么,我该做些什么呢?

第17段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->The department secretary will give you a schedule of the applicant's visits.

教授:系里的秘书会给你一份应聘者的论文和日程安排。

2 .If you’re free, we’d like you to attend their talks, and then later you can give us your opinion.

如果你有时间,我们希望你出席我们的谈话会,之后告诉我们你的想法。

3 .Oh, and, we usually serve lunch or snacks, depending on what time the talk is.

噢,而且我们通常提供午饭和零食,视时间而定。

第18段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Cool, that's another good reason to do this.

学生:好,这也是一个参加的好理由。

2 .Um... when is the next talk?

嗯⋯⋯下一次谈话会是什么时候?

第19段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->We actually haven’t had any yet. The first one is next Friday at 10:00 A.M. Then lunch and informal discussion with the applicant right after.

教授:事实上我们一个会还没开。第一个会是在下周五,上午十点,接着是午餐,然后是正式的讨论,之后还有应聘者。

第20段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Oh well, I'm free on Fridays.

学生:我周五有空。

2 .If all the talks are on Fridays, I will be able to make it to all of them.

如果所有的谈话都是在周五,我就可以全都到场。

第21段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->That’s great! [shift in tone at this point to a more serious one] Now you should know that this job candidate is interested in the life cycles in the forest...

教授:那太好了,现在你需要知道,应聘者的研究方向是树林中的生物圈。

第22段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->[interrupting excitedly] That’s...that’s what my research is about!

学生:那是我论文的主题。

第23段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->Yes, I know. That’s why I feel it necessary to point out that even though this applicant’s research interests are similar to yours, we want you to tell us what you think about the teaching of all these applicants.

教授:对,这就是为什么我觉得必须指出,即使这些应聘者的研究方向跟你的很像,我们想知道你对于他们的讲课能力觉得怎么样。

2 .Your perspective as a student. How the applicant teaches in the classroom, that's what's important to us.

你学生视角中应聘老师在课堂的表现对我们来说很重要。

第24段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->I understand. So how many applicants are there?

学生:我明白了。那么,有多少应聘者呢?

第25段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->Let’s see... we have... four -- all very good candidates that we’ll be looking at over the next few weeks.

教授:有四个,都非常优秀,我们在接下来的几周会一一考察。

2 .It’s going to be a tough decision.

这会是个艰难的决定。

3 .But it'll be a good experience for you, especially if you're going to grad school.

这对你来说也会是个很好的经验,如果你是在申请研究生时更尤其是。

第26段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Thank you. It'll be cool to do this.

学生:谢谢您。做这个应该很好。

2 .I'll get the copy of the schedule from the secretary on my way out.

我出去的时候会从秘书那里拿到日程表的复印件。

第27段

1 .<-FEMALE PROFESSOR:->You’re welcome! See ya in class this afternoon.

教授:不客气。今天下午上课见。