始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .<-NARRATOR:->Listen to a conversation between a student and a university theater manager.

旁白:请听一段学生和大学剧院管理员之间的对话。

第2段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->I'm sorry if my e-mail wasn't clear.

学生:很抱歉我的邮件没有说清楚。

2 .It's probably best that we're meeting now. I have a lot of questions.

我们现在见面说是最好不过的。我有很多问题要问。

第3段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->So do I. But first let me say that I'm so glad that this tradition is continuing.

管理员:我也有很多问题。但是首先我需要说我很高兴有人延续了这个传统。

2 .I guess for the last twenty years now every senior class has put on a Shakespeare play.

我猜最近20年里,每个大三的班级都会演出一场莎士比亚的戏剧。

第4段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->It won't be anything like the drama department's productions in the main theater, but we're really excited.

学生:我们的戏剧不会和大剧院里戏剧部门的演出一样的,但是我们真的很激动。

2 .We're doing As You Like It this year.

我们今年打算演《皆大欢喜》。

第5段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->Great. Let's start with the timing.

管理员:太好啦!我们从时间开始吧。

2 .You-you want the production to run on two consecutive nights...a Thursday and Friday?

你想这场演出连着演两天,周四和周五?

第6段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Right. The end of April would be best. Maybe the last Thursday and Friday?

学生:是的,最好是四月的末尾。也许可以是四月最后一个周四周五?

2 .We're flexible with the dates.

我们对于时间还是很灵活的。

第7段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->The only bookings at the small theater are some recitals in the beginning of the month.

管理员:现在剧院唯一的预定只有四月初的朗诵活动。

2 .So I'll make sure to get it on the calendar.

所以我肯定可以满足你们的时间。

3 .But your other questions. Let's see... [taken aback] you want to use fire on stage?

但是你其他的问题……我们看看。你想在舞台上用火?

第8段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Well, our idea is to reproduce the conditions of an Elizabethan playhouse... make it as authentic as possible.

学生:我们的想法是重现伊丽莎白时代剧场的样子,让它尽可能真实。

2 .And of course they didn't have electric lights five hundred years ago.

当然,他们500年前没有电灯。

3 .So we thought if we had candles... a lot of candles, actually...

所以我们想是不是可以用蜡烛,许多蜡烛……

第9段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->To light the stage?

管理员:来照亮舞台?

第10段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Yeah.

学生:是的!

第11段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->OK. [explaining why the student’s idea isn’t feasible] Um... you'd need a special permit.

管理员:好的,嗯, 你需要特殊的批准。

2 .Y-You could get one from the city council.

你可以从城市议会哪里申请一张。

3 .But...for one thing, it's difficult and time-consuming to get permission-and expensive.

但是有一件事,这是很困难而且耗费时间的,并且还很贵。

4 .And it's not just the permit, you'd have to pay for an inspection and to have a fire marshal present at the shows...

这不仅仅是一纸许可证,你需要花钱请一个督查还有一个火焰司仪出席演出。

第12段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->That does sound expensive.

学生:那听上去是挺贵的。

2 .If we had a budget like the drama department [trailing off]... But it looks like we'll have to scale back a bit...

如果我们有戏剧部门的预算的话……但是看起来我们需要缩一下开支。

第13段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->Are you charging admission?

管理员:你们打算收入场费吗?

第14段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->There'll be a small admission fee.

学生:会收一点。

2 .In Shakespeare's time, if you paid a little more you got a more comfortable seat.

在莎士比亚时代,如果你多付一点钱,你可以做到更舒服的椅子。

3 .I don't see how we could do that, though. I mean, all the seats are the same, right?

但是我不知道我们要怎么实现这个。我的意思是,剧院里所有的椅子都是一样的,对吗?

第15段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->Right. I guess you could charge more for the seats up front. But it's a small theater...

管理员:是的。我觉得你可以向坐前排的人多收一点。但这是一个小剧院。

第16段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->And there isn't much difference between the front and the back.

学生:所以坐前排还是后排并没有太大区别。

第17段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->Anyway, for lighting, you could buy those electric lanterns that are made to look as if they have a natural flame.

管理员:无论如何,对于照明,你可以买一些电灯笼,那种制作得看起来像是有真的火焰的一样。

第18段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->[resigned] If that's the best we can do. Not exactly authentic, though.

学生:这可能是我们最好的办法。尽管还是有点不真实。

第19段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->But safer and less expensive. And about the food...

管理员:但是更安全也更便宜。对于食物……

第20段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Selling food was also done in Shakespeare's time. It's related to the candles, actually.

学生:莎士比亚时代也会售卖零食。其实这个和蜡烛有关。

2 .When the candles burned down, they stopped the play-so they could bring out new ones-and that's when they sold snacks.

当蜡烛燃尽,戏剧会暂停,让工作人员换上新的蜡烛,这个时候就是工作人员卖零食的时候。

3 .That's how the custom of having an intermission started.

这就是幕间休息的传统的来源。

第21段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->I'd always thought intermissions began as a way to change the scenery.

管理员:我一直以为幕间休息是为了更换舞台场景。

第22段

1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:->Oh, speaking of scenery, do you have the exact dimensions of the stage?

学生:哦,说到场景……你有没有舞台的准确尺寸?

第23段

1 .<-MALE THEATER MANAGER:->Sure.

管理员:当然有了!