原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to two students discussing the opinion expressed in the letter.
现在请听两名学生的对话,他们正在谈论自己对这封信的看法。
第2段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Did you see Paul's letter in the paper about the new sculpture?
你看见报纸上保罗关于新雕塑的信了吗?
第3段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, but it was totally unconvincing.
看见了啊,但是那封信一点也不让人信服。
2 .His reasons for opposing the plan are just totally off.
他那些反对计划的理由完全都是错误的。
3 .I'm glad we'll finally have some nice art on campus.
我特别开心,因为我们终于能在校园里看到一些漂亮的艺术品啦。
4 .I'd like to shake the donor's hand and say "Thank you!"
我特别想握一下捐赠者的手,郑重地说一声“谢谢你。”
第4段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> What do you mean "the donor?"
捐赠者?什么意思?
第5段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> You didn't know? An anonymous donor is paying the bill for most of the sculpture.
你不知道吗?一位匿名捐赠者给大多数雕塑买了单。
第6段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Not the university?
不是学校买单吗?
第7段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> No-his assumptions about who's paying for it are all wrong.
不是的!所以他(保罗)说的谁付款的假设全是错的!
第8段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Still, I wonder if he has a point about the space it'll take up.
可是,我仍然在想如果他有一些关于空间的想法,那些理由会不会是确凿的?
第9段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Well, you know why Paul is upset.
哎呀,你知道保罗生气的原因吗?
2 .He and his friends are always out there on the lawn right where the sculpture will be, kicking around the soccer ball.
他和他朋友经常去那片草坪踢足球,而那个地方恰好是放雕塑的地方。
3 .Now they'll just have to use another part of the campus to play.
现在,他们不得不换个地方踢足球了。
第10段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Oh, so he just doesn't want to have to move?
噢,他就是不想挪地方啊。
第11段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah! For him, it's sculpture versus convenience.
是的,对于他来说,就是雕塑带给他不便。