始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Listen to a conversation between a student and an employee in the University bookstore.

旁白:听一段学生和大学书店员工的对话。

第2段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Hi, I bought this book at the beginning of the semester, but, something's come up and... I'd like to return it.

学生:嗨,我在本学期初买了这本书,但是,中间出了点事情,我想退回来。

第3段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Well, for a full refund, store policy is that you have to return merchandise 2 weeks from the time it was purchased, er... but for science text books or anything having to do with specific courses.

雇员:呃,全额退还,我们店里的政策是在购买后的两个星期内归还商品才行。呃,但是对于科技类教科书或者与专业课程相关的书籍呢

2 .Wait... was it for specific course?

等一下,是专业课程的书吗?

第4段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Yeah, but actually...

学生:是的,但是……

第5段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Well... for course books, the deadline is 4 weeks after the beginning of the semester.

雇员:嗯,专业课书籍的归还期限是在学期初的4 周内。

2 .So for this fall semester, the deadline was October 1st.

所以今年秋季学期的最后期限是10月1日。

3 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Ouch, then I missed it. But, why October 1st?

学生:天啊,那我就错过时间了,但是为什么了10 月1 日呢?

第6段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Emm, I guess the reasoning is that by October 1st, the semester is in full gear.

雇员:呃,我想是因为学期规划阶段吧。

2 .And everyone kinda knows what courses they’ll be taking that semester

每个人都知道这学期有什么课程可以上。

第7段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->I get it.so it's mainly for people who decide to withdraw from… or to change to new courses early on.

学生:我明白了。所以一般是针对那些放弃正在学的课程,然后尽快换新课程的人。

第8段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Exactly! The books have to be in perfect condition of course.

雇员:是的。当然书本一定要保持完好无损才成。

2 .They can't be marked up or looked used in any way for the full refund, I mean.

我的意思是,全额退款的话,书不能被标记或者看起来像是被用过

第9段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Well, but, my situation is a little different. I hoped you might be able to make an exception.

学生:呃,但是我的情况有些特殊,我希望你能为我破一次例。

第10段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Well, the policy is generally pretty rigid and the semester is almost over.

雇员:一般我们的政策是很严格的,而且这学期已经快结束了。

第11段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Okay, here is what happened?

学生:好,是这样的。

2 .Um, I think my professor really miscalculated.

嗯,我想我的教授算错了。

3 .Anyway the syllabus was way too ambitious in my opinion.

不管怎么样吧,我们的教学大纲在我来看任务量太重了

4 .There're only 2 weeks of classes left in the semester and there are like 6 books on the syllabus that we haven't even touched.

上学期我们仅有两周的课程,但是大纲上的六本书我们还碰都没有碰过。

第12段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->I see. So you're hoping to return in this one.

雇员:明白了。所以你希望退还这本书。

第13段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Yeah, professor already announced that we won't be reading this one by Jane Bowles and all the others I bought used.

学生:是的。教授已经说我们无需读一本简布恩的书以及我买的其他几本书。

第14段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Jane Bowles? Which book of hers?

雇员:简布恩?哪本书?

第15段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->It's called "Two serious ladies".

学生:叫做《两位严肃的女人》。

2 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->Oh, but you should keep that one. Are you interested in literature?

雇员:哦,但是你应该留着那本书。你对文学感兴趣吗?

第16段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Well. I am in English major.

学生:我是英语专业。

第17段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->You are lucky to have professor who includes the lesser known writer like her on the syllabus, you know, not the usual authors we've all read.

雇员:你很幸运,因为你的教授涵盖了像她这样优秀作家的书目在教学大纲里面, 你知道,她和一般的作家不一样。

第18段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->So you really think...

学生:那么你真的认为?

第19段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->I do. And especially if you're into literature.

雇员:是的。尤其是你对文学感兴趣。

第20段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Hem, well, this I wasn't expecting. I mean... er, em... Wow.

学生:嗯,我倒没想这么多,我的意思是,哇哦……

第21段

1 .<-FEMALE EMPLOYEE:->I hope you don't think I'm being too pushy.

雇员:我希望你不要认为我咄咄逼人。

2 .If you prefer, you can return the book and arrange for a store credit, you don't qualify for a refund.

如果你没意见的话,你可以把书归还回来,然后换取一些书店信用值,你还不能全额退款

3 .Policy is policy after all, but you can make an exchange and you can use the credit for your books for next semester.

毕竟规定就是规定,但是你可以换成你下学期能用到的其他书目。

4 .The credit carries over from one semester to the next.

信用值可以从一个学期延迟到下一个学期继续使用。

第22段

1 .<-MALE STUDENT:->Hmm... that's good to know, but now I am really intrigued, I guess that just because we run out of time to read this book in class, doesn't mean that I cannot read it on my own time.

学生:嗯,那也不错。但是现在我还真的是感兴趣了,我想在课堂上我们没有时间来读,但不意味着我平时没有时间读。

2 .You know, I think I'll give it a try.

你知道的,我想读一下。