原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Listen to part of a conversation between two students.
请听两个学生间的对话。
第2段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Hey Steve, did you get that book on the Russian Revolution Professor Harper wants us to read?
Steve,你找到了那本Harper教授让我们读的叫《俄国革命》的书吗?
第3段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> No. None of the bookstores in the campus area had it in stock.
没有。学校附近所有的书店里都没有现货了,
2 .They'll get it in about two weeks.
得大概两个星期之后才能到货。
第4段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Hmmm. So what do you gonna do in the meantime?
那...这期间你打算怎么办?
2 .Remember, we're going to be discussing the book starting next Tuesday.
别忘了,我们下周二就要开始讨论这本书了。
第5段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Well, I was thinkin' of placing a rush order with a bookseller on the Internet.
嗯...我有想过要不要在网上给书商下一个急单,
2 .So I'd have the book in a day or two.
这样就能在一两天之内拿到书了。
第6段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, but rush order delivery is expensive.
可以是可以,但是急单的运费很贵啊。
2 .You could easily spend twice as much money for the book that way.
那样的话你为了这本书很可能要花两倍的钱。
第7段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> I know, but what choice do I have?
我知道,可是我还有别的选择吗?
第8段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Well, since we only hafta read a few chapters at a time,
嗯...既然我们每次只需要读几章,
2 .you're welcome to share my copy for a few weeks...
那你这两周完全可以跟我共用一本书啊,
3 .you know, until you can get yours at the bookstore.
直到你可以在书店买到这本书为止。
第9段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> You mean, you would read the chapters assigned...
你是说,你可以先读完指定的章节,
2 .give the book to me...
然后把书给我,
3 .I'd read those chapters...
我再把那几章读完,
4 .then give the book back to you to read the next set of chapters, and so on?
接着又把书还给你让你继续读之后几章,就这么传来传去?
第10段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Exactly.
没错。
第11段
1 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Thanks, but... what if I don't get the book back to you in time? Wouldn't you get behind in your reading?
谢了!不过,万一我没及时把书还给你呢?你的阅读进度不就赶不上了吗?
第12段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, maybe, but it should work if we're careful.
嗯...可能吧。不过只要我们小心些的话,应该没问题。