原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文
第1段
1 .<-NARRATOR:-> Now listen to two students discussing the letter.
两个学生正在讨论这封信,请听他们的对话。
第2段
1 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Did you see this letter, Jim?
Jim,你看过这封信了吗?
2 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah.
看了。
3 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Be kinda nice to be able to do that, huh?
能这么做真好,是吧?
4 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> No, actually I don't think it's a good idea.
不,实际上我认为这不是个好主意。
5 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Why not?
为什么?
6 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Well, like the part about how it would help students concentrate.
就拿她认为这个提议可以帮助学生集中注意力来说吧,
7 .I mean maybe a little snack will help the person who's eating it.
也许吃点零食对吃的这个人会有所帮助,
8 .But the trouble is that it makes it hard for everyone else to concentrate
但问题是这样会分散其他人的注意力,因为他们不得不听着别人咯吱咯吱嚼薯片、咔嚓咔嚓咬苹果或者把包装纸弄得沙沙作响。
9 .coz they have to listen to someone munching on chips or biting into an apple or crinkling paper wrappers.
因为他们不得不听着别人咯吱咯吱嚼薯片、咔嚓咔嚓咬苹果或者把包装纸弄得沙沙作响。
10 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> I guess is can be kind of disruptive.
是有点破坏课堂秩序。
11 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, it would interfere with everyone's concentration.
没错!这样会干扰所有人的注意力。
12 .You wouldn't be able to pay attention with all the noises going on.
周围这么吵根本没办法集中精神。
13 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Ok.I guess I have to agree with you on that.
好吧,关于这一点我赞成你的意见。
14 .But what about her other reason?
不过,她给出的另一个原因怎么样呢?
15 .It would be nice to able to have some fun at the end of the semester, right?
学期末能来点儿有趣的事情应该不错,对吧?
16 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> No, there is a problem with that too.
不,这一点也有问题。
17 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Why?
什么问题?
18 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> Well, I don't think it appropriate to use class time for that kind of thing.
我觉得把课堂时间花在那样的事情上不太合适吧。
19 .I mean, the last classes are usually pretty important.
毕竟在最后一节课通常都很重要的。
20 .That's when we will do a lot reviewing for final exams.
我们会为期末考试复习很多东西,
21 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> [Reluctantly agreeing] True.
确实!
22 .<-MALE STUDENT:-> If we use that time for that, we probably wouldn't have time to do as much reviewing, which means we wouldn't be as well prepared for exams.
如果我们把最后一节课的时间花在那里,可能就没时间复习那么多了,也就是说我们考试的时候可能不如之前准备得充分。
23 .<-FEMALE STUDENT:-> Yeah, I hadn't thought of that.
是啊,我还没想到过这点呢。