始终显示原文
考满分TOEFL: 小黑人

欢迎使用考满分精听听写

截止昨天,已经有 252988 同学完成了 4103155 次的练习

开始练习 查看新手引导

原文已被隐藏,你可用 快捷键 - 或点击 显示原文 按钮来查看原文

第1段

1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and his European history professor.

旁白:请听一段学生和欧洲史教授之间的对话。

第2段

1 .So, I wanted to talk about your outline.

教授:我想跟你谈谈你的论文大纲。

2 .I do like your topic- William the Conqueror leading the Norman invasion of England.

我很喜欢你的题目:征服者威廉领导诺曼人入侵英格兰。

3 .But I-I'm a little concerned about your source... and the fact that you want to use it as the entire basis of your paper.

但是我对于你的原始资料和你想把它用作论文的全部基础有点担心。

第3段

1 .Really? The Bayeux Tapestry?

学生:真的吗?关于巴约挂毯?

2 .I thought it was pretty creative to use something that was made to hang on a wall as a source.

我以为我的想法很有创造性,把挂在墙上的东西用作原始资料。

3 .And as far as I know, it's the most important documentation of the invasion... a firsthand account, right?

并且据我所知,这是最重要的诺曼底人入侵记录的第一手资料,不是吗?

第4段

1 .Well... you're right, it's considered a primary source.

教授:嗯,你是对的。这的确是主要的原始资料。

2 .And at 70 meters long, the tapestry certainly is impressive.

这幅挂毯长70米,令人印象深刻。

3 .Imagine the time it took for those embroiderers to sew all those words and images... to tell the story of the Norman forces sailing from France to England...

想象一下,这些刺绣工人花了多少时间缝制出这些文字和图案。。。讲述诺曼人从法国航行到英国的故事。。。

4 .So, yeah, it is an amazing artifact.

所以呢,这是一件惊人的艺术品,

第5段

1 .But, what's problematic is that the tapestry is a very- mmm, controversial source.

但问题是,这个挂毯是一个非常有争议的原始材料。

2 .Were you aware of this?

你对这方面有所了解吗?

第6段

1 .Well, I know some pieces of it were probably lost.

学生:嗯,我是知道挂毯的一部分已经遗失了。

第7段

1 .It-it is incomplete, but...

教授:挂毯的确残缺不全,但是……

第8段

1 .Uh, but, I also read that historians have relied on it to help them interpret the events leading up to the invasion, and the battle itself.

学生:但是我也查到,历史学家也靠它来帮助解读入侵的那段历史和战争本身。

第9段

1 .Well, it has great historical value, no doubt.

教授:它的确有很大的历史价值。这是毫无疑问的。

2 .But, in my opinion, there's a problem because... well, d-do you know who commissioned the tapestry?

但是在我看来,还是有个问题……因为,你知道是谁下令做这个挂毯吗?

第10段

1 .Ahh... It was a church official, um, the bishop of Bayeux, a-a city in France...

学生:是一个给教堂做事的人……法国一座叫巴约的城市的主教?

第11段

1 .Yes, and the bishop was also William the Conqueror's half brother!

教授:是的,这个主教是征服者威廉的异父/母兄弟。

第12段

1 .Oh-That I didn't know!

噢我确实不知道!

2 .Whew... but regardless of who commissioned it, isn't the fact that it was based on eyewitness accounts the most important thing?

但是不管是谁下令制造它,它的素材来自于目击者,这总是最重要的事实吧?

3 .I mean, it was made only seventeen years after the battle, so plenty of eyewitnesses were still alive.

我的意思是,这个挂毯是在战争结束17年的时候就制造出来了,所以很多目击者还是在世的。

第13段

1 .Yes, that's true, but the real point of the controversy isn't the battle itself.

是的,是真的但是争论焦点不在于战争本身。

2 .It has to do with the reason for the battle: who was the rightful heir to the throne... who would be the next king.

而是在于战争的原因:谁是王座的合法继承者?谁应该是下一任国王?

3 .And if William the Conqueror's brother is the one who's commissioned this tapestry...

如果征服者威廉的兄弟是这个挂毯的下令制作者的话……

第14段

1 ....then he would be the one to decide which words and images would go on the tapestry, and what would be left out.

学生:那么他就是那个决定什么故事和图片应该写在挂毯上,什么要被隐瞒下的人。

第15段

1 .Exactly. So of course the tapestry shows why William should be the new king.

教授:是的。所以这个挂毯理所当然地展示出威廉才是人心所向。

第16段

1 .Oh, I guess I see your point.

学生:我想我明白您的意思了。

2 .Embroiderers are just going to do what they're told to do.

那些织布工人只是按照命令行事。

第17段

1 .You have to understand that the tapestry depicts an entire series of events as they were interpreted by the Normans... the victors of the battle.

教授:你要明白,挂毯按照诺曼底人的视角描述了整个故事,而诺曼底人是战争的胜利者。

2 .And that's a problem if you're trying to write objectively about the invasion... especially if you use it as your only source of information.

那么如果你要客观地描述这场入侵战争的话,尤其是你把它作为你的论文的唯一原始资料的话,那就有问题了。

3 .After all, it's important for historians to examine an event from all sides.

毕竟,历史学家需要从各个角度来分析一个历史事件。